Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Playoff Schedule.

Listen, I know there have been a lot of questions and/or complaints about the schedule this year.

Keep in mind these points.

#1. We have limited gym time, as we do not want playoff games happening at Duke.
#2. It is a double elimination tournament, hence the idea is to knock teams out when and where possible.
#3. Due to the actions of some members we (the Exec) tried to ensure Team Blue would have enough players available for their games, and adjusted based on that.

Concerns that have been raised:
"This works out so in favour of Team Grey"
-Maybe it did, but you know what they did, they won the first two games they played. No other team did that.

"My team is going to end up playing more games then other teams"
-Lucky you, more games.....same cost.

"Hoar set-up the schedule to his benefit"
-Yes, I planned it so I'd have off weeks when I'm sitting at home, and that I'd be away next week for my game.

"This league sucks, I could do a better job"
-Perfect, contact one of us and nominate yourself for one of the Exec positions, show up at the AGM and maybe you will get elected.

"I'm done with this league, good luck finding guys next year"
-Sorry you feel that way, we will miss you. (Note that was typed in a sarcastic font that might not show up on your screen) The league has been around for 50+ years I think it can survive.

Jh

1 comment:

  1. What happens if Grey loses Game 10? Game 11 the following week?

    ReplyDelete